The high-handed attitude of the Punjab Police was once again on display late on Friday night when a 60-year-old man was allegedly murdered by a constable and his accomplices.
Reportedly, the victim was suspected of stealing a buffalo, and instead of lodging an FIR against him, the police took him to a farmhouse where he was beaten to death.
Haibowal police forcibly took away three men, including 60-year-old Gulzar Singh Chaudhary, from Lalton Kalan village to the farmhouse of a property dealer in Rishi Nagar area on Friday. Chaudhary basically belonged to Ali Majra village of Rajpura.
At the farmhouse, Chaudhary was beaten so badly by constable Parminder Singh, home guard Deepak Kumar and property dealer Bhupinder Singh Soma that he died. Later, it came to light that Ashu Gahley, another accomplice of the property dealer, was also involved in beating the 60-year-old.
Soma also runs a dairy farm and after his petty fight with Chaudhary over Rs 50,000, he suspected him of stealing one of his buffaloes. He approached Haibowal police and instead of going the legal way, the police along with Soma beat him to death.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The incident came to light on Saturday morning and a case under sections 365, 302, 363, 148, 149 of the IPC was registered against all the accused at PAU police station on the statements of Chaudhary’s driver Gurwinder Singh and Bhupinder Singh, who were also taken along to the farmhouse and beaten.
Constable Parminder Singh and Soma are absconding while Home Guard Deepak Kumar and Ashu Gahley have been arrested by the police.