The high-handed attitude of the Punjab Police was once again on display late on Friday night when a 60-year-old man was allegedly murdered by a constable and his accomplices.
Reportedly, the victim was suspected of stealing a buffalo, and instead of lodging an FIR against him, the police took him to a farmhouse where he was beaten to death.
Haibowal police forcibly took away three men, including 60-year-old Gulzar Singh Chaudhary, from Lalton Kalan village to the farmhouse of a property dealer in Rishi Nagar area on Friday. Chaudhary basically belonged to Ali Majra village of Rajpura.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
At the farmhouse, Chaudhary was beaten so badly by constable Parminder Singh, home guard Deepak Kumar and property dealer Bhupinder Singh Soma that he died. Later, it came to light that Ashu Gahley, another accomplice of the property dealer, was also involved in beating the 60-year-old.
Soma also runs a dairy farm and after his petty fight with Chaudhary over Rs 50,000, he suspected him of stealing one of his buffaloes. He approached Haibowal police and instead of going the legal way, the police along with Soma beat him to death.
The incident came to light on Saturday morning and a case under sections 365, 302, 363, 148, 149 of the IPC was registered against all the accused at PAU police station on the statements of Chaudhary’s driver Gurwinder Singh and Bhupinder Singh, who were also taken along to the farmhouse and beaten.
Constable Parminder Singh and Soma are absconding while Home Guard Deepak Kumar and Ashu Gahley have been arrested by the police.