Erratic power supply has been witnessed across the city since Monday evening following strong winds. First, all the feeders were switched off as a precautionary measure and later, the power corporation started resuming power supply by repairing faults one by one.
The teams were on the job throughout the night. While power supply in a few areas was resumed by midnight, few other areas remained without power till the next morning. A big tree had fallen near the under-construction mall of Kailash Chowk due to which apart from disruption of power supply in the area, even traffic remained disrupted.
The situation was normalised by late afternoon in this area. On Pakhowal road, the area remained powerless the whole night and erratic power supply was seen throughout the day as well. The authorities said that they were still plugging the faults.
The situation was the same in Haibowal area, BRS Nagar area and other colonies in inner city. Chief Engineer Rachpal Singh, however, said that no major fault was detected in any part of the central zone and, therefore, more or less the power supply was resumed after a few hours of the storm. On Tuesday, they carried out a maintenance drive in few areas due to which they had to shut down power of few colonies.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016