Erratic power supply has been witnessed across the city since Monday evening following strong winds. First, all the feeders were switched off as a precautionary measure and later, the power corporation started resuming power supply by repairing faults one by one.
The teams were on the job throughout the night. While power supply in a few areas was resumed by midnight, few other areas remained without power till the next morning. A big tree had fallen near the under-construction mall of Kailash Chowk due to which apart from disruption of power supply in the area, even traffic remained disrupted.
The situation was normalised by late afternoon in this area. On Pakhowal road, the area remained powerless the whole night and erratic power supply was seen throughout the day as well. The authorities said that they were still plugging the faults.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The situation was the same in Haibowal area, BRS Nagar area and other colonies in inner city. Chief Engineer Rachpal Singh, however, said that no major fault was detected in any part of the central zone and, therefore, more or less the power supply was resumed after a few hours of the storm. On Tuesday, they carried out a maintenance drive in few areas due to which they had to shut down power of few colonies.