A day after Jalandhar, police alleged that Shiv Sena leader Deepak Kamboj had staged his own attack, the leader’s security as well his escort vehicle has been withdrawn. The two accused arrested, meanwhile, were presented in the court and have been remanded to four days of police custody.
Confirming the reports, Police Commissioner Jalandhar, Arpit Shukla said that six security men and an escort vehicle was provided to Kamboj after the February 16 attack but now the entire security has been withdrawn. It is also learnt that police has been collecting the call details of Kamboj, who is also the Jalandhar, district Sena president.
- In Ghatkopar, Shiv Sainiks ‘unhappy’ with posts being given to new members
- After the split, Shiv Sena’s message to BJP: Tiger zinda hai!
- Shiv Sena makes break with BJP official, says it will contest 2019 polls alone
- Shiv Sena asks PM Modi, Amit Shah to clarify Pravin Togadia’s claims
- Jalandhar Shiv Sena leader staged own attack: Police
- Jalandhar: Sena leader shot at by bike-borne assailants
Vinaj Jalandhari, chief of Shiv Sena Hindustan (North) claimed that Kamboj had not enacted any ‘drama’ and is being implicated by the cops in a false case.
“My son is innocent,” said Jalandhari adding that one can at most ask someone to fire in the air or beat him up but not shoot at him. “His left leg was injured and he cannot walk by himself. He may require one more operation and the police is claiming that he asked his friends to fire at him,” he added.
When asked whether the two accused were Deepak’s friends, Jalandhari said that only one of them, Gaurav Sondhi, is his friend. On questioning further as to why his friends fired at Kamboj, he said that police are the one who can answer the question as they had scripted this story. “We will hold a press conference with our national president soon over this issue to make these things clear,” Jalandhari said.