Almost eight years back, in June 2006, the 2-km road stretch from Threeke village to Ferozepur road via Rajguru Nagar was constructed. The 2-km road, costing Rs 9.74 lakh, was constructed by D M Constructions and the entire stretch was 10-foot wide. The road now lies in pathetic condition waiting for repair and giving a harrowing time to residents of Threeke and Rajguru Nagar.
However, 0.35-km part of the road was given ‘special repair’ by Public Works Department and ‘upgradation’ was done in November 2010.
This was revealed after a resident Gagandeep Singh Threeke asked for information under the RTI Act on why a stretch of 0.35 km was constructed with fresh bitumen and the remaining portion was left untouched.
In the RTI reply, PWD has accepted that ‘special repair’ was done on 0.35 km of road stretch from Ludhiana- Ferozepur road to Threeke via Rajguru Nagar near Ishmeet Singh Music Academy. The road was not only repaired but also widened from 10 feet to 18 feet.
A contract of Rs 17.11 lakh was given to M/S Ceigall Builders Pvt Ltd, says RTI reply (all documents with Newsline).
“Earlier, the road stretch was 10-foot wide which was increased to 18-foot and it was done following the orders of higher officials,” added the RTI reply.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The 0.35 km ‘VIP stretch’ is located in front of the residence of K D Chaudhary, chairman-cum-managing director of Punjab State Power Corporation Limited, which has further raised eyebrows.
However, the renovation of the entire 2-km stretch was to be done by contractor Daljeet Singh Khurd given tender worth Rs 41 lakh. The work was to start in December 2013 and end by June 26, 2014 but it has not even started.
“We have failed to understand how 0.35 km stretch in front of PSPCL MD’s home was repaired within few days while we have been waiting for renovation for years,” said Gagan. PWD is not replying to RTI applications asking for payments made to the new contractor who was to finish work by June but failed.
Newsline also has copies of maps from PWD showing widening of 10 feet to 18 feet of 0.35 km stretch.
When contacted, PWD superintending engineer Varinderjeet Singh Dhindsa said, “Work gets delayed due to various reasons like weather and other problems. It will be completed in coming 10 days. I am not aware of special repair done on 0.35 km stretch. I will enquire about it.”
Despite various attempts, Chaudhary did not respond to calls.