The Crime Investigation Agency on Wednesday arrested five snatchers who were involved in more than 100 cases of snatching.
The arrested accused were identified as Karan Singh alias Bablu, Jaspreet Singh, Kamalpreet Singh, Avtar Singh and Raj Kumar while one Gurmeet Singh was on the run.
The police also recovered 70 mobile phones, motorcycles, iron rods and sharp-edged weapons from their possession. The CIA staff arrested the accused near the bus stand.
Police Commissioner Nirmal Singh Dhillon told mediapersons all the accused were school dropouts and aged between 20 and 22. They confessed their involvement in around 100 incidents of loot and snatching in the city.
A case was registered at division number 5 police station under sections 399, 402 and 34 of the IPC.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched