The Crime Investigation Agency on Wednesday arrested five snatchers who were involved in more than 100 cases of snatching.
The arrested accused were identified as Karan Singh alias Bablu, Jaspreet Singh, Kamalpreet Singh, Avtar Singh and Raj Kumar while one Gurmeet Singh was on the run.
The police also recovered 70 mobile phones, motorcycles, iron rods and sharp-edged weapons from their possession. The CIA staff arrested the accused near the bus stand.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Police Commissioner Nirmal Singh Dhillon told mediapersons all the accused were school dropouts and aged between 20 and 22. They confessed their involvement in around 100 incidents of loot and snatching in the city.
A case was registered at division number 5 police station under sections 399, 402 and 34 of the IPC.