State information commission (SIC) has issued showcause notice MC additional commissioner Amarjeet Singh Sekhon for not providing information in time to RTI activist Amarjeet Singh Dhamotia. Dhamotia had sought information regarding number of tractors, water tank vehicles in October 2012.
SIC, meanwhile, had issued notice on March 27, 2014 and even had Sekhon who was the then PIO to appear in person on May 29. The commission even stated that in the next hearing, Sekhon must explain as why a penalty of Rs 250 per day subject to a maximum of Rs 25,000 under Section20(1) of RTI Act be not imposed on him. And also why a suitable compensation be not awarded to the appellant.
Dhamotia stated that on October 1, 2012 he had asked for information regarding MC vehicles, their maintenance, who is supervising them etc.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
However, when the information was not provided, on November 2, 2012 he applied to the first appellant authority and further on December 7, 2012 to SIC when no response came from MC. Till now, MC was not even able to tell as who was the public information officer (PIO) at that time and the same was revealed by Dr Charanjeet Singh Uppal medical officer health, MC before the SIC on March 27 this year hearing that Sekhon was the than PIO.
It was revealed that because Sekhon was busy in election duty, he could not come in person. Dhamotia, meanwhile, said that last week, I got some information finally, but it is still incomplete and incorrect.