Political advisor to CM Mahesh Inder Singh Grewal on Friday told the industrialists that they should have checked the weather forecast before organising the bicycle expo.
The three-day event organised on the ground of the Government College for Girls opened as a low-key affair because of heavy rainfall followed by dense hailstorm on Thursday evening.
Grewal said, “We had postponed the mega Fateh Rally on account of bad weather forecast. Anyway, whatever you all have done is good.”
Interestingly, the inauguration was done in a hall where there was no light as the generator set had stopped working because of Thursday night rainfall. After half the programme was over, one light and sound system was arranged in the hall.
Charanjeet Singh Vishvkarma, president of the United Cycles Parts and Manufacturers Association, said about 250 stalls had been booked for this expo and thousands of dealers were expected to attend the event.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The expo began with a bicycle rally organised by Hero Cycles. There will be another bicycle rally by Avon Bicycles Private Limited on Saturday.
Grewal asked the industrialists to arrange land for the exhibition centre and said the government would build the structure. Former minister Hira Singh Gabria said, “We will try to provide you land on the outskirts of the city.”
It was not for the first time that rainfall had spoiled exhibitions. Even in the past as well, exhibitions organised by knitwear industry and bicycle industrialists had suffered loss because of rainfall.