Two unidentified persons opened fire outside RSS Shakha in Kidwai Nagar, Ludhiana on Monday at around 6.30 am. The police said that two persons on a motorcycle fired a single shot in the air. No one was reported to be injured.
Deputy commissioner of police Narinder Bhargav said that two unidentified persons came outside the Shaheedi Park, Kidwai Nagar where the morning assembly at the shaka was about to begin.
- Paulo Dybala scores again as Juventus win 4-0, Napoli perfect too
- Colombia rebels say ceasefire to extend to January 9
- Russian citizen sent to judicial custody in murder case
- Milo Yiannopoulos plans to hold rally at University of California Berkeley
- Sushma Swaraj UNGA address: Full text of her speech
- Lucknow Universtiy to set up own students’ body
One person went inside, accosted a participant and fired a single shot. One cartridge case of 0.32 bore pistol has been recovered from the spot.
An FIR was registered under sections 307/336 IPC and 25/27 Arms Act at a local police station.
Bhargav added that investigation has been fast tracked and adequate security has been deployed outside the shakha as a precautionary measure.