A week after the visit of S K Sandhu, Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister, to the Bhattian sewerage treatment plant (STP), conditions here have worsened.
Sewer overflow from this plant was observed to be as usual on Saturday as well. So much so, residents went inside the STP when there was a power cut in the area and found that the staff had not even switched on the generator set. As a result, the entire sewer water was flown out in the lanes of the village, leading to waterlogging.
The angry villagers alleged that it was a clear proof that the staff was saving diesel given for running the generator set in case of a power cut and was misusing it.
The STP has a capacity of treating 161 million litres per day (MLD) of sewer water which comes from more than half of the city. They have a generator set which can run two machines instead of 10 machines. However, on Saturday, even those two machines were not working as the generator set was never switched on. This was a common practice, said Dr Dalbir Singh, a retired veterinarian living in that village.
“We thought that our condition will improve after principal secretary’s visit but it has worsened. The staff is just not bothered to switch on the generator,” said Chandershekar Parbhakar, an artist who has a wax museum in this area.
Talking to Newsline, Sandhu had admitted to the villagers’ problems. He said they were not aware that the STP was in need of a bigger generator set. He, however, stated that he would ask the power corporation not to resort to power cuts on this hotline, and had instructed the sewerage board to buy a bigger generator set.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More