Though it was the first formal meeting of the district Shiromani Akali Dal after the party’s loss in the Lok Sabha elections, senior leaders like Cabinet Minister Sharanjeet Singh Dhillon, Mahesh Inder Singh Grewal, advisor to the Chief Minister, and many leaders of Youth Akali Dal were absent on Monday. And those present pointed out that an active B team of the Shiromani Akali Dal was a major spoilsport in the recent elections.
Darshan Singh Shivalik, MLA from Gill area, categorically said that while workers were working in their areas, a ‘B’ team was keeping a watch on them. This discouraged the workers a lot and hence the desired results could not be achieved.
Dakha MLA and Lok Sabha candidate Manpreet Singh Ayali stated that now focus was on the 2017 Assembly elections and workers must gear up for that. However, he termed anti-incumbency against the state government the major reason for his loss.
Ayali indicated that youth leaders would now be adjusted and given their due. Though he did not say it directly, he hinted that dysfunctional Youth Akali Dal bodies might have been yet another reason for lack of co-ordination. He said the youth body needed to be rebuilt and workers motivated. There has been no president of Youth Akali Dal (urban) for more than two years in Ludhiana. Jagraon MLA S R Kler said even senior SAD leaders needed to be adjusted as per their seniority.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016