Though it was the first formal meeting of the district Shiromani Akali Dal after the party’s loss in the Lok Sabha elections, senior leaders like Cabinet Minister Sharanjeet Singh Dhillon, Mahesh Inder Singh Grewal, advisor to the Chief Minister, and many leaders of Youth Akali Dal were absent on Monday. And those present pointed out that an active B team of the Shiromani Akali Dal was a major spoilsport in the recent elections.
Darshan Singh Shivalik, MLA from Gill area, categorically said that while workers were working in their areas, a ‘B’ team was keeping a watch on them. This discouraged the workers a lot and hence the desired results could not be achieved.
Dakha MLA and Lok Sabha candidate Manpreet Singh Ayali stated that now focus was on the 2017 Assembly elections and workers must gear up for that. However, he termed anti-incumbency against the state government the major reason for his loss.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Ayali indicated that youth leaders would now be adjusted and given their due. Though he did not say it directly, he hinted that dysfunctional Youth Akali Dal bodies might have been yet another reason for lack of co-ordination. He said the youth body needed to be rebuilt and workers motivated. There has been no president of Youth Akali Dal (urban) for more than two years in Ludhiana. Jagraon MLA S R Kler said even senior SAD leaders needed to be adjusted as per their seniority.