Parents representing four private schools on Thursday met Deputy Commissioner Rajat Aggarwal over the exorbitant hike in school fee.
Aggarwal pulled up Sacred Heart Convent School, Bhattiyan, and Sacred Heart Convent School, Jamalpur (Sector 39), and told their representatives to solve the issue with parents latest by Monday, or else a written complaint would be sent to the Punjab government against the schools.
Despite repeated reminders from the DC office, no representative came forward to have a table talk with parents from Bal Bharti Public School. The DC has now ordered immediate action against the school after hearing tales of children being harassed. He has recommended the case to Assistant Commissioner of Police Harsh Bansal to do an investigation and a team will also be sent to the school for a thorough investigation into the claims made by the parents.
Talking to Newsline, Inderpal Singh Chawla, a parent from Bal Bharti Public School, said, “They have made the lives of children difficult. They are writing fee defaulter remark on answer sheets of our children and punishments are being given for no reason. Annual charges were increased by 40% last year and now again they have increased by 22% more. After a hike of 15% in school monthly fee, the total amount stands at Rs 47,000 which is not at all affordable. They are mentally harassing children by writing ‘fee defaulter’ on their exam sheets. Even fans are switched off in classrooms deliberately.”
Rajinder Ghai, president of the Parents Association (regd), Ludhiana, said, “Today we told the entire situation to DC in detail and he has ordered immediate action. We have suffered a lot and now this has to stop.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016