Parents representing four private schools on Thursday met Deputy Commissioner Rajat Aggarwal over the exorbitant hike in school fee.
Aggarwal pulled up Sacred Heart Convent School, Bhattiyan, and Sacred Heart Convent School, Jamalpur (Sector 39), and told their representatives to solve the issue with parents latest by Monday, or else a written complaint would be sent to the Punjab government against the schools.
Despite repeated reminders from the DC office, no representative came forward to have a table talk with parents from Bal Bharti Public School. The DC has now ordered immediate action against the school after hearing tales of children being harassed. He has recommended the case to Assistant Commissioner of Police Harsh Bansal to do an investigation and a team will also be sent to the school for a thorough investigation into the claims made by the parents.
Talking to Newsline, Inderpal Singh Chawla, a parent from Bal Bharti Public School, said, “They have made the lives of children difficult. They are writing fee defaulter remark on answer sheets of our children and punishments are being given for no reason. Annual charges were increased by 40% last year and now again they have increased by 22% more. After a hike of 15% in school monthly fee, the total amount stands at Rs 47,000 which is not at all affordable. They are mentally harassing children by writing ‘fee defaulter’ on their exam sheets. Even fans are switched off in classrooms deliberately.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Rajinder Ghai, president of the Parents Association (regd), Ludhiana, said, “Today we told the entire situation to DC in detail and he has ordered immediate action. We have suffered a lot and now this has to stop.”