The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) candidate from Ludhiana H S Phoolka on Wednesday condemned the acquittal of those allegedly involved in the Sarabha Nagar shootout case. He said that it was highly unfortunate that inspite of sufficient evidence such as CCTV footage proving the involvement of the accused in a shootout in Sarabha Nagar market in broad daylight, they have been acquitted by the court.
“Initially, the police was not even ready to register a case against those involved in the shootout. After immense public pressure, the complaint was registered but police did not investigate the matter properly. And now even the court seems to have overlooked the available evidence and acquitted the accused. Thus, there seems to be connivance between the investigation agency and the court with respect to shielding the accused,” he said.
He added, “ It is a matter of great public importance where the people involved in terrorizing the society should not go unpunished.” Phoolka said that he will now represent the case to the Chief Justice of Punjab and Haryana High Court thereby demanding an enquiry by the Sessions Judge into the whole episode as well as the role of police and to also enquire if there were any lapses on part of the court.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen