As Narendra Modi was sworn in as Prime Minister on Monday, Punjab Cabinet Minister Sharanjeet Singh Dhillon announced expansion plans for Sahnewal airport. Though the plans were on the cards during the UPA government, they never materialised.
“The runway of airport, which is 1.5 km as of now, will be doubled to 3 km which is a necessity for any airport,” Dhillon said. “If any sewer or water pipes come in the way, they need to be taken out by the sewerage board while the irrigation department needs to change the direction of irrigation drains if they are coming in between.”
Apart from this, the Airports Authority of India has demanded that a flying club hostel near the airport should be demolished for security reasons. About 330-acre land acquisition was needed for the airport and land marking had already begun, said the Sahnewal MLA .
He added that once the new government had taken over at the Centre, the pending works would be taken at a faster pace.
Further, he said that Doraha flyover work would be completed in four months while sewerage treatment plants would be laid in Doraha so as to clean the sewer water which was going untreated at the moment.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
STP is a long-pending project of the state government, and the minister issued yet another statement of its early completion.