With no formal announcement of candidates for the Lok Sabha elections, the probable candidate of Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal), Dakha MLA Manpreet Ayali, has started to speak about the issues he plans to take up if given the Lok Sabha ticket from Ludhiana.
Ayali, who is attending several programmes in the rural as well as urban areas on a daily-basis, on Sunday said, “If given the ticket from Ludhiana, I will fight elections with corruption and drug abuse as the main issues.” He said last month he started a drive from his constituency, named as “Panjabio Jago, Nashe Tiyago” .
He also appealed to the candidates of other political parties to stick to these issues during campaigning. Ayali referred to the distribution of drugs to allure voters during campaigns and asserted that he would never use such means.
Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal, during a public function in Sangrur, had indicated that candidates already know about their candidature and the formal announcement of names will be done after the announcement of the dates of elections.
The candidate of Aam Admi Party (AAP), H S Phoolka, started his election campaign from Ludhiana through the jhadu yatra Sunday.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016