Rishabh Kumar (18), an RSS worker, who was reported missing since January 25 was found dead on Sunday.
His body was recovered from Sidhwan canal near Barewal. Police suspect that Rishabh has killed himself, but his family claims that he was murdered.
Rishabh was a Bcom (I year) student at GGN Khalsa College. He used to attend the RSS Shakha at Gyan Niketan School in Dhandhari Khurd. Family members claim that Rishabh did not return from college on January 25.
- Jind rape-murder: Dead boy’s family says they were tortured by police
- Kurukshetra: Friend-suspect in Dalit girl’s rape and murder found dead
- Sitapur: Bodies of two sisters found in bags near canal, mother goes missing
- Haryana Dalit girl gangraped, murdered: Attackers thrust object into girl's body, says doctor
- Police say HRD official committed suicide, family denies claim
- Two bodies found in canal
A missing persons report was filed at Kanganwal police station in this regard.
On January 26, his scooter was found abandoned in Dugri near Sidhwan Canal and his body was found on Sunday.
Rakesh Kumar, father of the deceased, who runs Gyan Niketan School, said there were signs that he was attacked by sharp weapons on his body.