Tension prevailed in Aggar Nagar late on Saturday evening when two unidentified persons looted Rs 7 lakh from an employee of a filling station. Bhagwan Singh, 35, a resident of Barewal and employee of the filling station, was brutally beaten and the bag containing cash was snatched from him around 11.30 pm outside the station in Aggar Nagar, a posh locality situated on Ferozepur road.
He told police that he had been working at Baljit and company filling station in Aggar Nagar area for the last 15 days and was going to hand over cash to the owner at his home which is situated on the back of the station. He alleged that two unidentified persons on Activa scooter attacked him with a hockey stick and sharp-edged weapons and took away the bag containing cash.
The victim suffered serious injuries and was rushed to Ludhiana Mediways Hospital, where his condition was stated to be stable but critical. PAU police registered a case against unidentified persons under sections 382 and 34 of the IPC. ACP (west) R P S Sandhu said that CCTV footage was being scanned to solve the case.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations