In another attempt, robbers on Sunday night entered the PNB Bank branch located in Sarabha Nagar near Hero Bakery. Though they damaged the machines which issue tokens and a machine having receipts of cheques, they could not take the cash. Neither could they damage the strong room, according to police investigations.
However, they took away a 32-inch LCD TV.
The robbers entered the branch after removing the window AC from one side of the bank. They damaged the machines but could not steal money, said inquiry officer Karanpal Singh.
Interestingly, the CCTV footage was not available of the incident as, according to Singh, the CCTV camera was not able to do any recording. The last recording found in the camera was of the month of December.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
An FIR was lodged against the robbers on the complaint of bank manager Archana.
On Sunday as well, a person was trying to break the ATM machine in Punjab Mata Nagar of Oriental Bank of Commerce, but the attempt was foiled as the security guard reached in time and the person ran away.
On February 19, robbers had entered the Dugri branch of the Punjab and Sind Bank in the night hours after breaking the shutters.