In another attempt, robbers on Sunday night entered the PNB Bank branch located in Sarabha Nagar near Hero Bakery. Though they damaged the machines which issue tokens and a machine having receipts of cheques, they could not take the cash. Neither could they damage the strong room, according to police investigations.
However, they took away a 32-inch LCD TV.
The robbers entered the branch after removing the window AC from one side of the bank. They damaged the machines but could not steal money, said inquiry officer Karanpal Singh.
Interestingly, the CCTV footage was not available of the incident as, according to Singh, the CCTV camera was not able to do any recording. The last recording found in the camera was of the month of December.
An FIR was lodged against the robbers on the complaint of bank manager Archana.
On Sunday as well, a person was trying to break the ATM machine in Punjab Mata Nagar of Oriental Bank of Commerce, but the attempt was foiled as the security guard reached in time and the person ran away.
On February 19, robbers had entered the Dugri branch of the Punjab and Sind Bank in the night hours after breaking the shutters.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More