Terming the incident as an ‘accident’ and not murder, the Railway Police on Saturday cancelled the FIR registered against deputy mayor and BJP leader R D Sharma and his accomplices for the murder of Gagandeep Singh Natt alias Gaggi, 21, who was allegedly having an affair with Sharma’s daughter.
Sub-division inspector (SDI) Murlidhar, investigating officer in the case also claimed that ‘Gaggi had an affair with a girl but not Sharma’s daughter.’
Gaggi was beaten to death on the night of March 17 while he was travelling on his motorcycle with his brother Resham Singh. He was beaten with baseball sticks and his body was thrown on railway lines near Salem Tabri.
Aam Aadmi Party candidate H S Phoolka also visited Gaggi’s family and assured justice. However, on Saturday police cancelled the FIR and termed the whole incident as an ‘accident’.
Murlidhar alleged that family of the deceased did not participate in investigation. Murlidhar talking to Newsline said, “Gaggi was drunk on March 17. He had partied with his friend that night. In the evening Gaggi had gone to railway track while talking to his girl friend on phone. He was having an argument with her. He also told his girlfriend that he can take any step if she cheats on him.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Referring to the post mortem report of the deceased the SDI said it states ‘hemorrhage shock’ as cause of death and said ‘most probably it was an accident.’
He added that Resham Singh, his brother reached the spot after 8 pm, while in the FIR he had claimed that he along with Gaggi was going to the gym, when Sharma and his accomplices beat his brother.
The SDI said that Gaggi and his brother Resham Singh had criminal cases registered against them and in Sharma was also named in a case of ‘revenge’.
However, Gaggi’s family had produced the letters allegedly written by Sharma’s daughter before the media.
Talking to Newsline, Resham Singh said, “I have approached the DSP and Murlidhar several times, but they blatantly refused to record our statement. I had approached Murlidhar on Friday also, but he had refused even to listen to my pleas. My brother was murdered in front of my eyes and now I have filed a petition in the Punjab and Haryana High Court.”