The Human Rights Protection Council has announced that it will file a fresh PIL in the High Court, seeking a CBI probe into the multi-crore VAT refund scam.
Dr K O S Narula, chairman of the council, said, “Though a PIL was filed earlier as well, no significant outcome has been seen in this case as the case is now being probed by the excise department and the vigilance department. We will be seeking a CBI probe so that the real culprits can be revealed.”
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
He said that a total of 32 companies of Ludhiana and Mandi Gobindgarh were found to be involved in this scam.
Though in the earlier complaints, a few officers were transferred and even FIRs were lodged against a few companies, tax recovery was to the bare minimum.
The council members stated that they would be presenting the facts and figures before the High Court so that the money involved in the scam could be unearthed.