The Human Rights Protection Council has announced that it will file a fresh PIL in the High Court, seeking a CBI probe into the multi-crore VAT refund scam.
Dr K O S Narula, chairman of the council, said, “Though a PIL was filed earlier as well, no significant outcome has been seen in this case as the case is now being probed by the excise department and the vigilance department. We will be seeking a CBI probe so that the real culprits can be revealed.”
He said that a total of 32 companies of Ludhiana and Mandi Gobindgarh were found to be involved in this scam.
Though in the earlier complaints, a few officers were transferred and even FIRs were lodged against a few companies, tax recovery was to the bare minimum.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The council members stated that they would be presenting the facts and figures before the High Court so that the money involved in the scam could be unearthed.