SHADOW registers of the candidates are being maintained by the returning officers to tally the expenditure details during the elections.
This was announced by Rajat Aggarwal, the deputy commissioner-cum-district election officer, while addressing a joint meeting of the district administration and police officials on Monday morning. He said that though employees had been asked to maintain their registers, even a shadow register for candidates had already been started by us so as to keep a check on the candidates.
He said that co-ordination of the civil and police officers would be done through walkie talkies in the city. Even the flying squads and video viewing teams had already started working in the district.
The DC said no one was allowed to carry Rs 10 lakh or more without proper documents.
He asked the candidates to open an account in banks to maintain expenditure details. Police Commissioner P S Gill said that his team would make all efforts to ensure polling in the city was held without any fear. Apart from this, Aggarwal said that at Sunday’s camp, more than 30,000 voters had enrollled as new voters. The figures were compiled late in the evening. Out of these, more than 6,000 were the first-time voters.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016