About 42mm rainfall in the past 24 hours was enough to play havoc in the city. The matter turned the worse when rain followed by strong winds resulted in powercuts. Power supply was resumed on Thursday in most parts of the city.
Moreover, when residents called the tollfree number -1912, they couldn’t get through. Though power corporation had done maintenance work in various parts of the city, despite that power supply was not resumed. First, the feeders had to be switched off as a matter of precaution and they were switched on around 11 am on Thursday. In the model town extension sub-station a cable got damaged due to which residents faced power cut from 11pm on Wednesday till 11 am on Thursday.
The area on Pakhowal road and adjoining areas had already suffered a shutdown of more than 8 hours on Wednesday and hence they got a double dose with the last night rain.
Residents of Tagore Nagar block A also faced more than 15 hours power cut. Residents of Model gram told that the whole night power supply was erratic and even the voltage was low. In Sarabha Nagar area as well, after the last night breakdown, power supply was resumed at 10 am on Thursday while in Jagjit Nagar, Shastri Nagar and other areas, erratic power supply continued even on Thursday.
Chief Engineer Ludhiana central Rachpal Singh said that inclement weather resulted in the breakdown in few areas. He added that teams have started working and power supply to all areas will be gradually restored.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review