On day one of the national conference of Association of Physicians of India (APICON), Rangla Punjab was more in demand than the scientific sessions of doctors.
Seven resorts on both sides of the Ferozepur road have been hired by the organising committee of APICON for the four-day conference. Out of these, Ludhiana Gardens has been dedicated only to Rangla Punjab in which apart from cultural programmes, the palace has been decorated in the form of a village.
Melodious Punjabi songs were adding taste to the traditional Punjabi food being enjoyed by delegates from across the country.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Apart from this, traditional items of Punjab such as plough, cart and old utensils were also shown at different stalls.
Stalls of bangles, mehndi, clothes and accessories have also been put at Rangla Punjab for the convenience of delegates. Dr G S Wander, chairman of the organising committee of APICON, said, “As more than 7,000 delegates have come from across the country, we wanted to show them our culture and heritage as well. Moreover, everyone wants to shop as well apart from attending the scientific sessions. So we arranged stalls here only so that the delegates can shop and attend the conference as well.”
The cultural programme would be going on in Ludhiana Gardens from morning till evening so that everyone could come at their convenience, he added.