As per a survey, around 1,770 acres of crops have been damaged in Raikot sub-division due to heavy hailstorm and rainfall in past week.
This was revealed by sub-divisional magistrate Rakesh Popli who conducted a survey in Bhaini Daroda, Shahidgarh, Kalsiyan, Akalgarh, Rajgarh and Tungahori villages. Talking to Newsline, Popli said, “We will be sending this report to deputy commissioner Rajat Aggarwal so the farmers can get appropriate compensation by the state government.”
The region has been lashed by heavy hailstorm and rainfall in past few days. While the wheat is in the fields, it has yet not reached the maturity stage due to which majority of it has been saved, otherwise damage due to hailstorm could have been much more, said Dr Jagtar Dhiman, additional director research, Punjab Agricultural University.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The damage report from the whole district is yet to arrive, said a source from agriculture department.