As per a survey, around 1,770 acres of crops have been damaged in Raikot sub-division due to heavy hailstorm and rainfall in past week.
This was revealed by sub-divisional magistrate Rakesh Popli who conducted a survey in Bhaini Daroda, Shahidgarh, Kalsiyan, Akalgarh, Rajgarh and Tungahori villages. Talking to Newsline, Popli said, “We will be sending this report to deputy commissioner Rajat Aggarwal so the farmers can get appropriate compensation by the state government.”
The region has been lashed by heavy hailstorm and rainfall in past few days. While the wheat is in the fields, it has yet not reached the maturity stage due to which majority of it has been saved, otherwise damage due to hailstorm could have been much more, said Dr Jagtar Dhiman, additional director research, Punjab Agricultural University.
The damage report from the whole district is yet to arrive, said a source from agriculture department.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest