Immediately after the shopkeepers of Raarewala market announced boycott of the coming Lok Sabha polls, SAD candidate Manpreet Singh Ayali and Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria reached the market and tried to pacify the shopkeepers on Thursday.
The market has always remained in the news for encroachments. Recently, the Ludhiana MC installed grills in front of the shops to discourage people from parking vehicles there.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court also ordered the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation to remove the illegal car bazaar which used to run at the market every Sunday.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
However, on Thursday, the shopkeepers demanded removal of the grills which is causing problems in parking of their own vehicles and leading to low footfall of customers.
Talking to Newsline, Amarjit Singh Tikka, a member of the market union, said, “We are not in favour of encroachments but HC ordered to get the car bazaar removed and now it has been shifted to Ayali. Why other shopkeepers who are not in car business being harassed? There is no parking space for our own vehicles due to the grills. We demand removal of these grills and provision for our parking. Today Mayor and Manpreet Ayali has assured us that grills will be removed but if it is not done, then we will be boycotting LS polls.” Tikka is a senior Congress leader.
Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria said, “The problem of shopkeepers is genuine. Now the car bazaar is not running at the market which was the major concern of the High Court. We will be taking appropriate action and shifting grills if required.”