Immediately after the shopkeepers of Raarewala market announced boycott of the coming Lok Sabha polls, SAD candidate Manpreet Singh Ayali and Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria reached the market and tried to pacify the shopkeepers on Thursday.
The market has always remained in the news for encroachments. Recently, the Ludhiana MC installed grills in front of the shops to discourage people from parking vehicles there.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court also ordered the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation to remove the illegal car bazaar which used to run at the market every Sunday.
However, on Thursday, the shopkeepers demanded removal of the grills which is causing problems in parking of their own vehicles and leading to low footfall of customers.
Talking to Newsline, Amarjit Singh Tikka, a member of the market union, said, “We are not in favour of encroachments but HC ordered to get the car bazaar removed and now it has been shifted to Ayali. Why other shopkeepers who are not in car business being harassed? There is no parking space for our own vehicles due to the grills. We demand removal of these grills and provision for our parking. Today Mayor and Manpreet Ayali has assured us that grills will be removed but if it is not done, then we will be boycotting LS polls.” Tikka is a senior Congress leader.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria said, “The problem of shopkeepers is genuine. Now the car bazaar is not running at the market which was the major concern of the High Court. We will be taking appropriate action and shifting grills if required.”