Raksha Bandhan was celebrated with fervour in the city on Sunday. Even in Ludhiana Central Jail, sisters were seen thronging in large numbers to tie the sacred thread on their brothers’ wrists.
Members of the Aam Aadmi Party celebrated the festival by tying raakhis on the wrists of police employees. They visited three police stations: Sarabha Nagar Police Station, Fountain Chowk Police Station and New Shimlapuri Police Station. AAP women volunteers tied raakhis on the wrists of the policemen present at the stations while the women police officers were encouraged to tie raakhis on the wrists of the AAP male volunteers.
As a gift, the AAP members took an assurance from the police personnel that they would continue to perform their duty with greatest dedication so that each citizen of Ludhiana felt safe and secure always.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
The city was decked up with a variety of raakhi threads and gift items. According to halwais, with Raksha Bandhan, they consider the start of festive season, and sale of this festival gives them an idea as to how the sale will be in the rest of the festive season as well.