Former minister of women & child, social welfare and languages in Arvind Kejriwal’s 49-day government in Delhi, Raakhi Birla campaigned in city on Wednesday. Her road show started from railway station and moved towards the Old City areas targeting families from low income groups.
However, her campaigning failed to strike a cord with the locals as hardly any rush was witnessed as she moved on with Ludhiana candidate H S Phoolka in an open jeep.
Clad in usual khadi kurta and Gandhi cap, typical AAP style, she moved ahead with folded hands but people failed to recognize her. Not only common people but also AAP workers were a confused lot.
Sanjay Singh, wearing AAP badge and Kejriwal flag in hand, said, “I arrived at railway station as we were told some Raakhi is coming. I thought it must be Raakhi Sawant. I didn’t know any Raakhi Birla.”
The video surveillance team of election office recorded the whole road show and told media that AAP took permission to start their road show from railway station premises. “Since permission was taken it is no violation to gather on a public property. However, they gave us time of 10 am and road show started at 2 pm only. But we were present in advance to check there is no violation,” said an official.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
When media tried to interact with Birla, an interesting reply from H S Phoolka left all bewildered. “Where is electronic media and TV van? Aren’t they here?,” he said. Meanwhile, Rakhi’s parents Bhupinder Singh and Sheela, were not provided any transport at railway station which left them disappointed and later a car was arranged for them.
The road show went through Clock tower, Naali mohalla, Chaawni Mohalla, Peeru Mohalla, Janakpuri, Salem Tabri, Jalandhar Bypass, Issa Nagar and other areas with migrant population but with low response.