Former minister of women & child, social welfare and languages in Arvind Kejriwal’s 49-day government in Delhi, Raakhi Birla campaigned in city on Wednesday. Her road show started from railway station and moved towards the Old City areas targeting families from low income groups.
However, her campaigning failed to strike a cord with the locals as hardly any rush was witnessed as she moved on with Ludhiana candidate H S Phoolka in an open jeep.
Clad in usual khadi kurta and Gandhi cap, typical AAP style, she moved ahead with folded hands but people failed to recognize her. Not only common people but also AAP workers were a confused lot.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Sanjay Singh, wearing AAP badge and Kejriwal flag in hand, said, “I arrived at railway station as we were told some Raakhi is coming. I thought it must be Raakhi Sawant. I didn’t know any Raakhi Birla.”
The video surveillance team of election office recorded the whole road show and told media that AAP took permission to start their road show from railway station premises. “Since permission was taken it is no violation to gather on a public property. However, they gave us time of 10 am and road show started at 2 pm only. But we were present in advance to check there is no violation,” said an official.
When media tried to interact with Birla, an interesting reply from H S Phoolka left all bewildered. “Where is electronic media and TV van? Aren’t they here?,” he said. Meanwhile, Rakhi’s parents Bhupinder Singh and Sheela, were not provided any transport at railway station which left them disappointed and later a car was arranged for them.
The road show went through Clock tower, Naali mohalla, Chaawni Mohalla, Peeru Mohalla, Janakpuri, Salem Tabri, Jalandhar Bypass, Issa Nagar and other areas with migrant population but with low response.