Launched with much fanfare, the Rs 10 crore ‘Satguru Kabir Construction Skill Development Centre’ project of the Punjab BJP has been shelved putting a question mark over the status of fund sanctioned for the same. Now, the Congress has sought an enquiry into it.
Punjab Minister for Labour and senior BJP leader Chunni Lal Bhagat and Union Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment and BJP Punjab president Vijay Sampla had laid the foundation stone of the project on April 24.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
Congress councillor and a strong contender from Jalandhar West (reserve) seat Sushil Rinku along with his supporters said, “The project was to be completed by December this year by Punjab Building and Construction Workers Welfare Board. However not even a single brick was laid at the site and the construction material was lying in the open”.