A 23-year-old woman preparing for Punjab Police trials lost her life after a hammer thrown by an athlete allegedly hit her on her head at the multipurpose hall in Ludhiana’s Guru Nanak Stadium. The victim, identified as Istar, a resident of Salem Tabri area, succumbed to injuries late Friday at the Dayanand Medical College and Hospital (DMCH).
An FIR under Section 304-A (causing death due to negligence) of IPC has been registered by the police against athlete Harjot Singh, an international-level player and a cop.
Informing about the incident, Inspector Jagdeep Singh, SHO at police station division number 8, said that Istar along with one of her friends came to stadium to prepare for the trials. Few other athletes were also practicing in the ground, when the chain of the hammer which Harjot was about to throw broke and it hit the victim’s head.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free