Two minors were seriously injured in an explosion at a scrap godown in Giaspura area on Tuesday afternoon.
According to police, brothers Shiv Kumar (12) and Vipan (7) had entered the godown and were trying to pull out some scrap copper when the blast happened. A worker who heard the blast raised the alarm .
The boys were rushed to Lord Mahavir Hospital from where they were referred to PGIMER. According to doctors, the boys’ condition is critical. Their families were informed of the accident, police said.
- Afghanistan blast: 16 killed, 38 wounded in southern Kandahar province
- Fire at another Rajkot groundnut godown, govt to order CID probe
- Ludhiana: Cylinder blast leaves 2 dead, over 30 hurt
- Don’t understand joke, 40-year-old Ravinder was killed in cold blood: Kin of godown worker
- Ludhiana: Two minor brothers injured in blast
- Fire triggers explosion in outer Delhi scrap godown, injures 30
According to the police, the land where the godown stands is disputed and that the scrap dealership had been shut for a while now because of it.
Commissioner of Police Jatinder Singh Aulakh, and other senior police officers, reached the civil hospital and issued directions for further investigation.
Aulakh said that the priority as of now was to ensure the victims’ treatment and probe for suspected explosives in the scrap godown.
A police team, dog squad and forensic team reached the site of incident and investigated the matter.