Stressing the need to revise syllabi for various courses at Panjab University (PU), the PU Campus Students’ Council (PUCSC) submitted a memorandum to vice-chancellor Professor Arun Kumar Grover on Tuesday asking to set up a committee for the purpose.
The syllabi for courses provided at the PU of has not been revised for decades, said Chandan Rana, PUCSC president. “As a result, students of the varsity face major difficulty while preparing for national entrance exams, mainly the National Eligibility Test (NET) and other national conferences. The current syllabus is not in sync with present needs as the pattern and syllabus of UGC-NET and CSIR-NET exam have changed many times,” added Rana.
The members have suggested that a committee be formed under the Chairmanship of the Dean University Instruction (DUI) for upgradation of curriculum. This, the council has asked, must consist of Dean Faculties, Chairperson of all departments, Emeritus scientists, re-employed faculty, newly appointed assistant professors and two research scholars from all departments.
“The academic committee of the university meets every year but there is no decision regarding the upgradation of syllabi of various courses. A separate committee must be formed,” said Rana. He added that the vast experience of Emeritus professors in various departments could be utilized for the purpose.
Terming it as the need of the hour, PUCSC and members of NSUI called upon the varsity to upgrade the syllabus and better the academic standards of the varsity. PUCSC president Chandan Rana, NSUI president Manoj Lubana, NSUI All College Chairman Hardeep Singh Laali, NSUI Girl wing in-charge Simran, Siya Minocha and Meenakshi Sharma were also present.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More