The water supply in Rajguru Nagar was suspended for almost 24 hours till Saturday afternoon after water pipes were damaged due to digging by Punjab Power State Corporation Limited (PSPCL) for installing new poles.
The residents claimed that it was complete lack of coordination between PSPCL and Ludhiana Improvement trust which led to harassment.
They also said that ‘even after pipes were damaged, neither LIT nor sewerage board listened to them.’
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Finally the firm which had damaged the pipes called the private workers to repair the pipes.
According to the residents the water supply was disrupted around 12:30 pm on Friday after which none of the authorities came forward to repair it.
President of Rajguru Nagar Senior Citizens’ Welfare Association, KS Chawla talking to Newsline said, “We want an answer that why
no one came forward to repair pipes.
“Ludhiana Improvement Trust and Punjab Water Supply and Sewerage Board failed to visit the area when they were informed.”
Rachpal Singh, chief engineer PSPCL said that ‘pipes have been repaired now.’