The dharna of Namdhari Panthak Ekta Action Committee has entered day 17. The followers of Thakur Dilip Singh have been sitting outside the mini-secretariat amid rain and hot weather. Two days back one Bakshish Singh also sat on fast unto death.
Apart from this, five followers had sat on hunger strike for five days at a stretch from day one. Now fourth such group has started hunger strike.
The committee members are demanding that gurdwaras of Namdharis should be open to one and all, and not banned for a particular group of Namdharis. Though this demand was put forth before Police Commissioner Pramod Ban, he has categorically stated that it was not a matter in which police had to intervene. “There is a problem between the two groups of Namdharis. Police cannot intervene in this matter at all. A resolution has to be found by the two groups themselves. However, we are here to ensure peace and to avoid any law-and-order problem, and we are ensuring it,” said the police commissioner.
However, Navtej Singh, from the action committee, said, “If the police have no role in this matter, why are they not allowing us to take water from Namdhari Gurdwara located on Jail Road? Every citizen has the right to enter a religious place and if we cannot even take water from the gurdwaras, what to talk of entering inside to worship. This is a clear-cut indication that police are helping the Bhaini Sahib headquarters and are not at all in a mood to resolve this issue.”
After the death of Satguru Jagjit Singh in December 2013, two groups of Namdharis were formed. One was supporting Thakur Uday Singh, who is the Satguru now, while the other was supporting Thakur Dilip Singh, elder brother of Uday Singh. According to the action committee members, Dilip Singh was the actual successor after Satguru Jagjit Singh.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Since then, a number of clashes between the two groups have also broken out at Amritsar, Yamunanagar and Ludhiana.