Gunshots were fired over a petty issue of car parking in Aggar Nagar area on Ferozepur road late on Thursday.
The clash happened near Raghunath Hospital at the Aggar Nagar B block market where a property dealer allegedly opened fire after a clash on the issue of parking vehicles.
Kulwinder Singh, the complainant in the case, alleged that he parked his vehicle outside the real estate office of his father at the same market when Parminder Singh Raja who also owns office there entered into a clash with him.
- Day after SAD, Congress workers clash in Ferozepur; 100 Akalis booked for attempt to murder
- Congress, SAD workers clash in Mallanwala; bricks, stones hurled, shots fired
- Traders shut shop to protest NGT decision on Sarojini parking
- Green panel bans parking at Sarojini market, Rs 5,000 fine for violators
- Four Congressmen among 12 booked for attack on Akali leader
- Rs 7 lakh looted from filling station employee
Kulwinder alleged that when he requested Parminder to move his car a bit as he was unable to park his motorcycle, he started fighting and brandished his weapon. When the clash worsened, Parminder opened fire but, luckily, no one was injured.
On being informed, personnel from the Sarabha Nagar police station reached the spot and initiated an investigation into the case. The accused is a resident of Shanti Park area on Barewal road.
Ravi Kumar, a shopkeeper, said accused Parminder earlier too had scuffled with shopkeepers at the market and regularly flaunted his weapons and threatened others.
Sarabha Nagar SHO Kulwant Singh said that an FIR had been registered against Parminder.