Two days after a class seven girl was allegedly raped by her classmate in the premises of the government high school in Sunet, Principal Secretary Education department suspended the principal of the school along with two other teachers on Wednesday.
DEO secondary, Gurjot Singh while confirming the suspension of the teachers said, “suspending them was the immediate action taken by the department. Further action will be taken once the inquiry is conducted. During suspension, the above mentioned staff will report in DEO headquarters.”
The action came after the parents of the victim staged protest outside the school premises and locked the school demanding action against the principal and the teachers. The angry parents alleged that the principal was responsible for the plight of their daughter.
The incident took place on Monday following which an FIR was lodged at the Sarabha Nagar police station. The next day, the 13-year-old accused was arrested and sent to Faridkot Juvenile home.
According to the complaint filed by victim’s mother, the 13-year-old was taken to the school toiled by her classmate, where he raped her by putting hankerchief in her mouth. “She told about the incident to her teachers, but they tried to cover up the whole issue. It was later when she told us, we reported the matter to the police,” the mother said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
However, the medical reports are yet to confirm if the girl was raped. Girl’s father is working as a driver while her mother is a housewife.
The boy, is an adopted child and according to sources, he has been expelled twice in the past over his misconduct.
Meanwhile, the Sarabha Nagar SHO Arminder Singh said that police was conducting the investigations.