Two days after a class seven girl was allegedly raped by her classmate in the premises of the government high school in Sunet, Principal Secretary Education department suspended the principal of the school along with two other teachers on Wednesday.
DEO secondary, Gurjot Singh while confirming the suspension of the teachers said, “suspending them was the immediate action taken by the department. Further action will be taken once the inquiry is conducted. During suspension, the above mentioned staff will report in DEO headquarters.”
The action came after the parents of the victim staged protest outside the school premises and locked the school demanding action against the principal and the teachers. The angry parents alleged that the principal was responsible for the plight of their daughter.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The incident took place on Monday following which an FIR was lodged at the Sarabha Nagar police station. The next day, the 13-year-old accused was arrested and sent to Faridkot Juvenile home.
According to the complaint filed by victim’s mother, the 13-year-old was taken to the school toiled by her classmate, where he raped her by putting hankerchief in her mouth. “She told about the incident to her teachers, but they tried to cover up the whole issue. It was later when she told us, we reported the matter to the police,” the mother said.
However, the medical reports are yet to confirm if the girl was raped. Girl’s father is working as a driver while her mother is a housewife.
The boy, is an adopted child and according to sources, he has been expelled twice in the past over his misconduct.
Meanwhile, the Sarabha Nagar SHO Arminder Singh said that police was conducting the investigations.