The murder case of Manoj, 30, a labourer who was found dead in April 17 in a vacant plot at Begoana road, near Lohara Canal bridge has been solved with the arrest of an autorickshaw driver on Monday. Police arrested the accused Inderjit Singh alias Sunny, 32, of Kabir Nagar and he also confessed to the crime.
ADCP (crime) Manjit Singh Dhesi said Manoj was murdered with bricks and stones. On April 23, Banke Lal of Kabir Nagar had identified the pictures of deceased as his son Manoj Kumar (30) who went missing on April 16.
He said, police came to know that Manoj used to invest money in committees. The accused invested some money with the deceased and withdrew Rs 50,000 few weeks ago.
On April 16, the accused ferried Manoj in his three-wheeler towards Sangowal. The accused had expressed his helplessness in paying installments of the money following which both entered a scuffle.
Then accused kept hitting Manoj with bricks till he was not dead and later also looted his mobile phone, wallet containing Rs 2,400 in cash and voter card to hide his identity.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More