The murder case of Manoj, 30, a labourer who was found dead in April 17 in a vacant plot at Begoana road, near Lohara Canal bridge has been solved with the arrest of an autorickshaw driver on Monday. Police arrested the accused Inderjit Singh alias Sunny, 32, of Kabir Nagar and he also confessed to the crime.
ADCP (crime) Manjit Singh Dhesi said Manoj was murdered with bricks and stones. On April 23, Banke Lal of Kabir Nagar had identified the pictures of deceased as his son Manoj Kumar (30) who went missing on April 16.
He said, police came to know that Manoj used to invest money in committees. The accused invested some money with the deceased and withdrew Rs 50,000 few weeks ago.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
On April 16, the accused ferried Manoj in his three-wheeler towards Sangowal. The accused had expressed his helplessness in paying installments of the money following which both entered a scuffle.
Then accused kept hitting Manoj with bricks till he was not dead and later also looted his mobile phone, wallet containing Rs 2,400 in cash and voter card to hide his identity.