After getting information on the possible trouble by anti-social elements on PAU campus, the police on Friday conducted a special checking drive.
The police cracked down on outsiders as cops from four police stations flooded the campus, checking ID cards.
Students and outsiders sitting in cafeteria, student’s home and green belts were checked and a few were rounded up.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Police sources said that action followed a tip-off that the opposite group of PAU Students’ Union planned to enter the campus with outsiders and paste posters across the campus.
The cops informed the parents of those detained and later released them after giving a warning.
Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police Satvir Singh Atwal said the drive was conducted to check the outsiders on the university campus, where security had been beefed up.