Not a single play way school in the city has taken Change of Land Use certificate from Municipal Corporation.
Playschools are setup in every residential area and are running commercial activity without MC permission. However, MC has maintained pin drop silence and continues to sleep as hundreds of playschools continue to open in residential areas such as Kitchlu nagar, BRS Nagar, Aggar Nagar, Lajpat Nagar, Dugri, Civil Lines among others.
As per norms, the school owner has to submit the Change of Land Use (CLU) fee as per size of plot and building before starting a commercial activity in residential area. Also it is up to MC if it allows CLU in particular area or not. Schools are also not paying fee for displaying advertisement boards outside homes to MC.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
A survey across the city shows that all reputed playschools are opened in residential colonies and MC till date has served no notices or them or called for any action to recover CLU fee which runs in lakhs. Story Brooke in BRS Nagar, Mother’s Pride in New Lajpat Nagar, Brats ‘N’ Cuties in BRS Nagar, Baby’s Paradise in Dugri, Olive Kids in Green Park, Penguin Castle, Little Einsteins Pritam Nagar, Maple Bear Udham Singh Nagar, Cherubs Pre-school Dugri, Madhuban in Panchsheel Enclave and others are in residential colonies.
Kamaljeet Kaur, assistant town planner headquarters MC, said, “None of the schools have been given CLU and fee has not been deposited. As per norms, action has to be taken.”
On the other hand, school owners rued that MC does not approve CLU applications. An owner requesting anonymity said, “Before opening the school we requested MC to grant CLU but fee is too high. Norms should be made which can be fulfilled by all as playway schools are a necessity.”
Manju Ahluwalia, principal of Olive Kids said, “There is no registration required for opening playschools. Since toddlers cannot travel far, they have to be in the neighbourhood. We are paying property tax and MC has never interfered in our working.” Balwinder Singh from Brats ‘N’ Cuties said, “There should be a body which regulates play way schools as you cannot open a school in a single room. Student teacher ratio matters for small kids also but there is no such body to check these issues.”
Shalu Sachdeva from Baby’s Paradise said, “We are ready to complete formalities and are paying all taxes but one cannot open school in home where a teacher is busy in kitchen and children are neglected.” MC sources said that since fee of CLU from residential to commercial runs in lakhs, the schools never agree to pay it.