Not a single play way school in the city has taken Change of Land Use certificate from Municipal Corporation.
Playschools are setup in every residential area and are running commercial activity without MC permission. However, MC has maintained pin drop silence and continues to sleep as hundreds of playschools continue to open in residential areas such as Kitchlu nagar, BRS Nagar, Aggar Nagar, Lajpat Nagar, Dugri, Civil Lines among others.
As per norms, the school owner has to submit the Change of Land Use (CLU) fee as per size of plot and building before starting a commercial activity in residential area. Also it is up to MC if it allows CLU in particular area or not. Schools are also not paying fee for displaying advertisement boards outside homes to MC.
A survey across the city shows that all reputed playschools are opened in residential colonies and MC till date has served no notices or them or called for any action to recover CLU fee which runs in lakhs. Story Brooke in BRS Nagar, Mother’s Pride in New Lajpat Nagar, Brats ‘N’ Cuties in BRS Nagar, Baby’s Paradise in Dugri, Olive Kids in Green Park, Penguin Castle, Little Einsteins Pritam Nagar, Maple Bear Udham Singh Nagar, Cherubs Pre-school Dugri, Madhuban in Panchsheel Enclave and others are in residential colonies.
Kamaljeet Kaur, assistant town planner headquarters MC, said, “None of the schools have been given CLU and fee has not been deposited. As per norms, action has to be taken.”
On the other hand, school owners rued that MC does not approve CLU applications. An owner requesting anonymity said, “Before opening the school we requested MC to grant CLU but fee is too high. Norms should be made which can be fulfilled by all as playway schools are a necessity.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Manju Ahluwalia, principal of Olive Kids said, “There is no registration required for opening playschools. Since toddlers cannot travel far, they have to be in the neighbourhood. We are paying property tax and MC has never interfered in our working.” Balwinder Singh from Brats ‘N’ Cuties said, “There should be a body which regulates play way schools as you cannot open a school in a single room. Student teacher ratio matters for small kids also but there is no such body to check these issues.”
Shalu Sachdeva from Baby’s Paradise said, “We are ready to complete formalities and are paying all taxes but one cannot open school in home where a teacher is busy in kitchen and children are neglected.” MC sources said that since fee of CLU from residential to commercial runs in lakhs, the schools never agree to pay it.