Tall claims of the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation have fallen flat. Overcharging has already begun at the new parking lot of Malhar road which was auctioned recently.
In an auction, the Municipal Corporation had declared Rs 10 as parking fee for four-wheelers and Rs 5 for two-wheelers.
Flouting the norms, the contractor — Radha Raman Contractor Pvt Ltd — is demanding Rs 20 from four-wheelers and Rs 10 from two-wheelers, double the fixed rate.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Zonal Commissioner P S Ghuman and superintendent J S Sekhon had made tall claims during the auction that none of the contractors would overcharge and also strict action would be taken on complaints.
When a Newsline team reached the spot, the contractor asked for Rs 20 for parking the four-wheeler and also issued a slip declaring the rate of parking at Rs 20.
Superintendent J S Sekhon and zonal commissioner P S Ghuman did not respond to phone calls.
Lavish, the contractor’s employee present on the spot, said, “We have been asked to issue slips of Rs 20 for four-wheelers and Rs 10 for two-wheelers.”
The slips used were also not of Malhar road parking but of Ferozepur road parking lots which were auctioned last year.