Tall claims of the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation have fallen flat. Overcharging has already begun at the new parking lot of Malhar road which was auctioned recently.
In an auction, the Municipal Corporation had declared Rs 10 as parking fee for four-wheelers and Rs 5 for two-wheelers.
Flouting the norms, the contractor — Radha Raman Contractor Pvt Ltd — is demanding Rs 20 from four-wheelers and Rs 10 from two-wheelers, double the fixed rate.
Zonal Commissioner P S Ghuman and superintendent J S Sekhon had made tall claims during the auction that none of the contractors would overcharge and also strict action would be taken on complaints.
When a Newsline team reached the spot, the contractor asked for Rs 20 for parking the four-wheeler and also issued a slip declaring the rate of parking at Rs 20.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Superintendent J S Sekhon and zonal commissioner P S Ghuman did not respond to phone calls.
Lavish, the contractor’s employee present on the spot, said, “We have been asked to issue slips of Rs 20 for four-wheelers and Rs 10 for two-wheelers.”
The slips used were also not of Malhar road parking but of Ferozepur road parking lots which were auctioned last year.