Mahashivratri was celebrated with fervour in the city as the faithful purchased more than 1.5 lakh litres of milk extra to offer to Lord Shiva on Thursday.
Normally, a shortage of milk packets is seen on Shivratri. However, this time, Verka milk plant had arranged 1 lakh litre extra milk.
Chairman of Verka milk plant Ajmer Singh said, “Normally, we send around 2 lakh litres of milk to the market but today we sent 3 lakh litres on account of this festival, and our entire stock was consumed.”
Private dairy vendors located on Haibowal road and Tajpur road and many private dairy companies provided more than 50,000 litres of milk extra.
Angrej Singh, president of the Haibowal Dairy Association, said, “We arranged 30% extra supply on account of this festival.” The vendors, however, claimed that there was no adulteration in the milk as they reduced the supply of byproducts to compensate the milk demand.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest