In another poll gimmick, industrialists can now get new power connections in mixed land use areas apart from applying for load extension. Though this announcement had been made a number of times, it seems that it will finally be implemented. Reason: SAD’s Lok Sabha candidate Manpreet Ayali and Dakha MLA Manpreet Ayali on Tuesday brought a special letter from the Punjab government and handed it over to the Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) in which the government has clearly mentioned that new connections and load extension must be given without seeking change of land use (CLU) and NoC certificates from the Municipal Corporation.
Ayali went to the office of the United Cycles Parts and Manufacturers’ Association (UCPMA) to show the orders of the Punjab government. PSPCL officers were also called at the spot to answer queries of industrialists.
UCPMA president Charanjit Singh Vishvkarma said, “This was our long-pending demand and after lots of announcements, finally it has been implemented. We hope that we will not face any more hassles now.”
And on Tuesday, PSPCL also accepted five applications for load extension too while more than 500 such applications have been pending for the past two years when PSPCL was asking for CLU certificates.
Interestingly, it seems that Ayali is focussing on the problems of the voters who are living in the constituencies of SAD associate members Simarjeet Singh Bains and his brother Balwinder Singh Bains (MLAs from Atam Nagar and Ludhiana South). The former has expressed his desire to contest as an Independent candidate, though he has not made any formal announcement as of now. Ayali is thus trying to redress the problems of these areas so as to please the voters.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Colonies with mixed land use are in majority in the above constituencies and this relief is an attempt to please the voters. Even on Monday, re-modulation of town planning schemes was passed at the MC general house meeting, ostensibly keeping these two constituencies in mind.
VDS for industrialists
PSPCL has opened voluntary disclosure scheme (VDS) for industrialists from March 1-May 31 under which industrialists can get the load enhanced and even declare their load during these days without facing any penalty.