In another poll gimmick, industrialists can now get new power connections in mixed land use areas apart from applying for load extension. Though this announcement had been made a number of times, it seems that it will finally be implemented. Reason: SAD’s Lok Sabha candidate Manpreet Ayali and Dakha MLA Manpreet Ayali on Tuesday brought a special letter from the Punjab government and handed it over to the Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) in which the government has clearly mentioned that new connections and load extension must be given without seeking change of land use (CLU) and NoC certificates from the Municipal Corporation.
Ayali went to the office of the United Cycles Parts and Manufacturers’ Association (UCPMA) to show the orders of the Punjab government. PSPCL officers were also called at the spot to answer queries of industrialists.
UCPMA president Charanjit Singh Vishvkarma said, “This was our long-pending demand and after lots of announcements, finally it has been implemented. We hope that we will not face any more hassles now.”
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
And on Tuesday, PSPCL also accepted five applications for load extension too while more than 500 such applications have been pending for the past two years when PSPCL was asking for CLU certificates.
Interestingly, it seems that Ayali is focussing on the problems of the voters who are living in the constituencies of SAD associate members Simarjeet Singh Bains and his brother Balwinder Singh Bains (MLAs from Atam Nagar and Ludhiana South). The former has expressed his desire to contest as an Independent candidate, though he has not made any formal announcement as of now. Ayali is thus trying to redress the problems of these areas so as to please the voters.
Colonies with mixed land use are in majority in the above constituencies and this relief is an attempt to please the voters. Even on Monday, re-modulation of town planning schemes was passed at the MC general house meeting, ostensibly keeping these two constituencies in mind.
VDS for industrialists
PSPCL has opened voluntary disclosure scheme (VDS) for industrialists from March 1-May 31 under which industrialists can get the load enhanced and even declare their load during these days without facing any penalty.