Apart from election meetings and rallies, a group of volunteers who claim to be apolitical have started staging nukkad natak in favour of BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and to make people aware of their voting rights.
The volunteers, about 50 in number, call themselves “Team Modi Punjab”. The group has mainly students and businessmen.
On Sunday, they staged a 12-minute play at Sarabha Nagar market. “I am the anchor of this play in which we are telling people to vote and also to choose the right candidate,” said Amandeep Singh, a Ludhiana-based businessman.
The artistes posed as Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi, Arind Kejriwal and so on. Vishal Goyal played the role of Kejriwal and was called Treasuriwal. The volunteers called the AAP an extension of the Congress. They were seen speaking dialogues of politicians such as that the country was on a ventilator and was seeking a change. The issues like women’s safety and economic condition were projected in this play. Among those who participated in the play were Ashish Saluja and Akshay Resh.
Amandeep said that most of them had never done acting and they had prepared this play in about three days. The play was staged for the first time in Sarabha Nagar and would be enacted in other parts of the state in the coming days.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
BJP district president Parveen Bansal had come to watch this play.