Apart from election meetings and rallies, a group of volunteers who claim to be apolitical have started staging nukkad natak in favour of BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and to make people aware of their voting rights.
The volunteers, about 50 in number, call themselves “Team Modi Punjab”. The group has mainly students and businessmen.
On Sunday, they staged a 12-minute play at Sarabha Nagar market. “I am the anchor of this play in which we are telling people to vote and also to choose the right candidate,” said Amandeep Singh, a Ludhiana-based businessman.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The artistes posed as Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi, Arind Kejriwal and so on. Vishal Goyal played the role of Kejriwal and was called Treasuriwal. The volunteers called the AAP an extension of the Congress. They were seen speaking dialogues of politicians such as that the country was on a ventilator and was seeking a change. The issues like women’s safety and economic condition were projected in this play. Among those who participated in the play were Ashish Saluja and Akshay Resh.
Amandeep said that most of them had never done acting and they had prepared this play in about three days. The play was staged for the first time in Sarabha Nagar and would be enacted in other parts of the state in the coming days.
BJP district president Parveen Bansal had come to watch this play.