The trend started by Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal to hold sangat darshan (open public meetings) to hear grievances of the public was followed by his close aide and Ludhiana Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria.
Visiting four zonal offices one day a week, Gohalwaria followed in Badal’s footsteps. Later, even Ludhiana police under its Commissioner Nirmal Singh Dhillon organised a khulla darbaar to listen to problems of people.
The latest to follow is Ludhiana Municipal Commissioner Pradeep Aggarwal who has announced commencement of his weekly sangat darshan from July 15.
The janta darbaar will be held every Tuesday at the MC headquarters in Zone A office from 10 am to 1 pm, as per orders of the MC commissioner which came on Thursday.
A source from MC headquarters said, “As per orders from commissioner, the darbaar will be like a mini-court. One can come to the meeting hall in zone A with a written complaint and a list will be made. As per the nature of the complaint, the complainant will be given time next day for redressing of complaint and names will be called out in hall. If one appears at that time, hearing will be done.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Orders have come for all additional commissioners, zonal commissioners, superintendents and engineers who have to be present for three hours every Tuesday to listen to complaints in the presence of the commissioner.
Asked about his sangat darshan, Gohalwaria said, “Mine will continue as per previous schedule and being the administrative head of MC, the commissioner can organise his own sangat darshan.”
However, MC employees are worried about this darbaar meeting the same fate as that held in Delhi when Arvind Kejriwal was the chief minister. An employee said, “Zone A headquarters are not so spacious that complainants from the whole city can be accommodated in one hall. Weekly distribution in all four zones was a better idea. This can create trouble as it did for Arvind Kejriwal in his first janta darbaar.”
While the commissioner did not respond to calls, zonal commissioner Kamlesh Bansal confirmed that “orders have been received”.