The employees of Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) on Wednesday staged a protest against the state government for not releasing their salaries for April. Hundreds of employees gathered in front of Thapar Hall and demanded the immediate release of their salaries.
Talking to Newsline, Lakhvinder Sandhu, senior vice-president of the PAU Employees Union said, “It is a matter of great disappointment that even with Lok Sabha polls result on head, the government has failed to release the monthly grant for PAU. The employees have not received salaries for April and we are not even in a position to pay the school and college fees of our children”.
Another employee added, “The government does not even understand that a university employee does not have any other source of income and running homes has become difficult now. Getting salaries late has become a regular feature”.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The employees announced that the agitation will continue till the salaries are released. More than 3,000 employees of the university are awaiting salaries for month of April and government has not released the monthly grant of Rs 25 crore which also includes pensions of retirees.