The employees of Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) on Wednesday staged a protest against the state government for not releasing their salaries for April. Hundreds of employees gathered in front of Thapar Hall and demanded the immediate release of their salaries.
Talking to Newsline, Lakhvinder Sandhu, senior vice-president of the PAU Employees Union said, “It is a matter of great disappointment that even with Lok Sabha polls result on head, the government has failed to release the monthly grant for PAU. The employees have not received salaries for April and we are not even in a position to pay the school and college fees of our children”.
Another employee added, “The government does not even understand that a university employee does not have any other source of income and running homes has become difficult now. Getting salaries late has become a regular feature”.
The employees announced that the agitation will continue till the salaries are released. More than 3,000 employees of the university are awaiting salaries for month of April and government has not released the monthly grant of Rs 25 crore which also includes pensions of retirees.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched