The Greater Ludhiana Area Development Authority (GLADA) faced embarrassment for second time in a row with the auction of 8-acre prime land getting cancelled on Tuesday.
While the reserved price was kept at Rs 415 crore, not a single bidder arrived at the auction venue. It was second auction of this land which earlier had offices of canal, irrigation and a rest house.
More than one and a half years ago, office buildings were razed down after they were declared unsafe. Facing an extreme financial crunch, the Punjab government through its body PUDA (Punjab Urban Development Authority) had decided to auction the land.
The first auction was held in February this year when not a single bidder turned up. Then also, GLADA had justified ‘’recession in real estate market’’ as reason for failure of the auction.
GLADA additional chief administration Kuldeep Singh Vaid said, “Recession in the market is the only reason we see for poor response to land’s auction. It is prime land with excellent location. There can be no other reason.” The land is opposite the mini-secretariat.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched