Senior Supreme Court advocate H S Phoolka, who lost Lok Sabha polls as AAP candidate said that there is no question of getting bail for AAP convener Arvind Kejriwal.
“Kejriwal was summoned by the court for a normal hearing in the case. As a law abiding citizen, he went there and without issuing any warrants he was sent behind the bars. There is simply no question of getting bail for him,” said Phoolka. He added that a committee of four senior lawyers including him are moving to HC on May 26 and are trying to present the whole issue in front of court. “This practise of arresting a person without even issuing warrants is not only adding burden on whole judicial system but because of this a lot of innocent people are going behind the bars. AAP, as a party will also present this angle in front of the court,” said Phoolka. Phoolka added that ex-servicemen will now be roped in by AAP to tackle drug menace in Punjab and the campaign will start from Ludhiana.
“We have called for a workshop to be held in first week of June. A lot of NGOs, ex-servicemen and gurudwara committees have promised to help us. Our first mission to make Ludhiana drug free. It doesn’t matter if I won or lost the polls from here,” said Phoolka.
He also lashed out at Ludhiana Municipal Corporation for playing politics under cover of HC orders. “No orders say that you uproot SC/ST people from their homes without first arranging for their rehabilitation. It is clearly actions being taken under political pressure and they can even sell off the high priced land after vacating it. This is complete injustice. Poor people are settled here since years and you cannot make them homeless in one go,” said Phoolka reacting to demolition drives in Barewala Awana where MC plans to demolish around 300 encroachments belonging to SC/ST in coming days.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016