Senior Supreme Court advocate H S Phoolka, who lost Lok Sabha polls as AAP candidate said that there is no question of getting bail for AAP convener Arvind Kejriwal.
“Kejriwal was summoned by the court for a normal hearing in the case. As a law abiding citizen, he went there and without issuing any warrants he was sent behind the bars. There is simply no question of getting bail for him,” said Phoolka. He added that a committee of four senior lawyers including him are moving to HC on May 26 and are trying to present the whole issue in front of court. “This practise of arresting a person without even issuing warrants is not only adding burden on whole judicial system but because of this a lot of innocent people are going behind the bars. AAP, as a party will also present this angle in front of the court,” said Phoolka. Phoolka added that ex-servicemen will now be roped in by AAP to tackle drug menace in Punjab and the campaign will start from Ludhiana.
“We have called for a workshop to be held in first week of June. A lot of NGOs, ex-servicemen and gurudwara committees have promised to help us. Our first mission to make Ludhiana drug free. It doesn’t matter if I won or lost the polls from here,” said Phoolka.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He also lashed out at Ludhiana Municipal Corporation for playing politics under cover of HC orders. “No orders say that you uproot SC/ST people from their homes without first arranging for their rehabilitation. It is clearly actions being taken under political pressure and they can even sell off the high priced land after vacating it. This is complete injustice. Poor people are settled here since years and you cannot make them homeless in one go,” said Phoolka reacting to demolition drives in Barewala Awana where MC plans to demolish around 300 encroachments belonging to SC/ST in coming days.