While the Shiromani Akali Dal is yet to declare its candidate from the Ludhiana Lok Sabha seat, Dakha MLA Manpreet Ayali has already started projecting himself as one and told his supporters to start working for the coming parliamentary elections.
“I have bright chances to get the ticket for the coming Lok Sabha elections from Ludhiana, though an announcement to this effect is yet to be made. I will win for sure if the party gives me a chance,” he said.
Ayali, who remained Zila Parishad chairman from 2008-2012, had won from Dakha in the 2012 Vidhan Sabha elections after defeating the Congress’s Jassi Khangura. “I remained in touch with the rural voters when I was Zila Parishad chairman and got many grants sanctioned from the Centre. So I am a known face in rural areas. And based on my works, the UPA government had adjudged the Ludhiana Zila Parishad as the number one Zila Parishad in India in 2012. So I think I am competent enough to give a tough fight to Union Minister Manish Tewari.”
Though Amrik Singh Aliwal of the SAD is also trying hard to get a ticket as he remained MP from Ludhiana in the 90s, sources said that Ayali had told his workers to start doing the groundwork much before the formal announcement.
If he gets the ticket, it will be the first Lok Sabha outing for Ayali. “I will win for sure, if given a chance. In Dakha, Gill and Jagraon areas, it is a one-sided wave, and the wave is already anti-Congress in the whole country,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More