The strike of National Health Mission (NHM) continued on Monday and the protesting employees have announced that from Tuesday, the nurses engaged in mother and child care will call off from duty.
The NHM staff engaged in deliveries and vaccination work will also stop work from Tuesday. The decision was taken on Monday by the employees association. More than 6,000 employees are posted in different parts of the state who are on contract.
- Haryana government dismisses 53 National Health Mission employees on strike
- NHM Employees’ strike: Haryana sacks 6 Association office-bearers
- Panchkula: National Health Mission contract workers protest rationalisation policy
- Health to Finance Ministry: Not feasible to fund tertiary care costs from NHM funds
- After 42 days, NHM staff call off strike
- NHM strike in 31st day, authorities say ‘no work, no pay’ norm to apply
Karamjeet Kaur, President of NHM nurses union said, “Our nurses engaged in deliveries and vaccination were working till now, but from Tuesday, they will also shun work. If the government does not care about our demands, we will also do the same. Every wednesday and Saturday, our staff does vaccination of new borns. That will also be not done.”