An NGO for animals came to the rescue of a bird who got injured after getting entangled in kite-string on a tree top at cremation ground at Sham Nagar locality.
As an activist of this NGO,Vipin Bhatia,who also runs a bird treatment and rescue centre here came to know about it,he informed Dr Sandeep Jain,Member,Punjab State Wildlife Board and Chief Co-ordinator of CAPE-India (Care of Animals and Protection of Environment-India). q
Then Dr Jain informed the DFO and Wildlife Inspector and the wildlife staff reached there. The bird was identified as common Prey Bird Shikra. In the meantime,the bird was brought down and given first aid and water and egg yolk as food.
The bird,which was under stress and shock was kept in isolation for some time till it gained strength. On the advice of Dr Jain,the bird was released in the presence of Dr Jain,Varinder Pal Singh Chawla,Inspector,Wildlife,Swami Arun Attari,Patron,Pakshi Sewa Society,Rakesh Jain,honorary Animal Welfare Officer and members of the society.
Vipin Bhatia,founder president of Patron Pakshi Sewa Society,said that the NGO treated injured birds including pigeons,doves,parakeets etc and released them after treating them. Chawla urged them to maintain the record of birds falling under Wildlife Protection Act,1972.