Newly appointed Ludhiana Municipal Commissioner Shruti Singh took charge at Zone-D Sarabha Nagar MC office on Tuesday.
Wife of Jagraon SSP Ashish Chaudhary, Singh has been posted as corporation commissioner for the first time in her career.
Talking to Newsline, Singh said that “she is yet to explore the city and identify the problem areas which need immediate attention”.
Asking for suggestions from the people, Singh said, “This is my maiden experience as commissioner of a corporation as earlier I have never served on this position. People of Ludhiana should come forward and tell me the most important issues of the city so that we can ensure action.”
A 2004 batch officer, Singh said, “Ludhiana is one of the fastest developing cities and heart of Punjab. Obviously, the challenges are going to be there daily. After the analysis of first day, I felt that encroachments and traffic congestion are the major problems. We also need to focus on basic amenities like water and sewerage because that is ideally the prime job of the MC commissioner.”
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Singh reviewed all cases pending in the Punjab and Haryana High Court. The HC has called the municipal commissioner to be personally present during the hearing of encroachments case. Singh said, “Since I will be attending the hearing, it was important to go through all the details. There are many cases pending in the HC. Today I reviewed four-five of them.”