Trouble started on day one of arrival of meritorious school students as they found their names missing from the final list on Sunday.
The residential schools built in six cities of Punjab will see commencement of the new session from Monday and students started arriving in hostels on Sunday but found their names missing from the list. Eventually they were asked to go back.
Surprisingly, while earlier, 311 students were given admission in Ludhiana school, the list bloated to 394 overnight with hostels lying incomplete.
After counselling, 311 students were finalised against 500 seats for Ludhiana but the Punjab School Education Department uploaded a new list on Saturday which added 83 more students for Ludhiana.
Till Sunday, the washrooms for girls’ hostel block were incomplete and beds had just arrived. Around 20 students found that their names were nowhere in list of entire Punjab including Bathinda, Patiala, Amritsar, Jalandhar and Mohali.
Shivani, a student from Sahnewal said, “During counselling my name was there for Ludhiana and now it is nowhere in entire Punjab when we came for final registration.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Pushpinder from Jagraon added, “Now we will be going back as there is no room allotment for us. It is a great deal of embarrassment and harassment for students on first day itself.”
At the last moment, since girls’ hostel block is lying incomplete and the majority of students were girls, they were shifted to boys’ hostel, the renovated block of Government College Boys while boys will be staying on the ground floor of incomplete girls’ hostel.
The food contractor too has not been finalised yet and for the time being, the contractor of Punjab Agricultural University will be supplying food for students.
“As many as 453 students in Bathinda and 461 in Patiala were finalised for admission but since facilities there are incomplete, they have been shifted to Ludhiana,” said a source from the Punjab School Education Department.
When contacted, Paramjit Kaur Chahal, district education officer secondary, said, “The way 311 students were to adjust, 83 more will be adjusted anyhow. Washrooms were completed today and other works will also be done. If names are missing from list, one should contact education department headquarters in Mohali who prepared the final list.”